Today’s meeting of the GTPCC was held in the Community Room of Howell
Attendance 22: 18 members
and 4 Guests.
One new member joined: Al Alvarado
Guest Speaker Was Pete DelaCruze, Director of
999 for Jefferson County.
Subjects discussed during SIG for April 18th
1. Windows 7 Backup feature.
2. Foxit free pdf reader software.
3. Use of other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, etc.
4. Websites for free utilities
5. Use of External Hard drive to sore disk images, data, photos and
6. Questions about home networks and use of Linux OS.
Minutes of April 18th meeting.: Dr. Sam opened the SIG for
discussion at 1:30 pm. Various topics were discussed. At 2:30pm, Pres. Don
Schoening introduced our main speaker, Pete De la Cruse. His topic was the
Emergency 911 system. Web site for 911
Questions were entertained after the
presentation. At 3:45pm subjects for upcoming meeting were announced. Door
prizes were given out and the meeting was adjourned at 4:10 pm.
Door Prize winners:
Zip CD Drive, from Zydeco Technologies
won by Gene Koch.
Notebook Computer Lock Cable from GTPCC,
won by John Lauve.
17” Laptop Sleeve for Power Book from Computer Dimensions won by George
Book “Liberty and Tryanny”, won by Don Schoening.
Wooden Wine Puzzler “Don’t break the Bottle”, won by Al Alvarado.