GTPCC MEETING MINUTES
February 21, 2009
Today’s meeting of the GTPCC held in the Community Room of Howell Furniture.
Attendance: 20 members and 2 Guests.
One new member Jim Teutch and three membership renewals.
Today’s Meeting guest speaker: Ira Wilsker, Presentation: “Shopping Online”.
1:45 pm: Dr. Sam Giglio opened meeting with SIG discussion of various topics if interest:
1. Windows 7 Update version activation work around for clean installations.
2. Eliminating User Account Popup annoyance
3. Using separate hard drives for trying new operating systems
4. Proper Backup and Hard Drive Imaging techniques
5. Reports of malware in Wise Registry Cleaner software
6. Use of A-squared Free Malware cleaning software.
7. Free PDF Reading software in lieu Adobe products
2: 35 pm: Club President Don Schoening introduced the main speaker, Ira Wilsker. The subject was Online Shopping sites for best deals and prices. Free merchandise and/or shipping sites etc. were demonstrated as well. A list of known safe websites was handed out, and sites for comparing prices and verifying the lowest prices were discussed. Ira also recommended only using credit cards for security and return or exchange reasons. Never use debit cards for these purchases. Ira also mentioned that some large retail stores, such as, Walmart, Sears, Penneys, etc, also have online sites and allow pickup and return in the stores.
For shopping sights review: see Bulletin Board - Shopping Sights.
3:45pm: Don held elections for club officers. Club secretary moved out of town and was not available to continue. No one volunteered to run for any positions, so the current officers were re-elected to run the club.
4:00pm: Questions were answered by Ira
4:15pm Door Prizes drawing was held.
Door Prize winners:
Ted Pennington - Dynamo
Lantern Radio: Donated by GTPCC
4:30pm: the meeting was adjourned.
Submitted by, Sam Giglio for